Our philosophy is that the fewer contaminates you put bring into your hot tub the less maintenance time it will require. Constant preventative care will make your hot tub hassle free and crystal clear. This section will provide you with a guide of basic hot tub care.
Clean your spa filter at least once every 2-3 weeks. Here's how:
- Remove cartridge from filter housing and with power nozzle blast with water.
- Add 5 gallons of water to a clean plastic or rubber bucket.
- Add 16 ounces (1 bottle) of 3% hydrogen peroxide to the bucket.
- Place cartridge inside bucket and allow to soak for at least 1 hr. Make sure the cartridge is completely immersed in the solution.
- Remove the cartridge from the solution and thoroughly rinse it with a garden hose.
- Reassemble filter and resume normal operation.
Water Changing Guidelines
Although ahhNatural is effective at controlling bacteria, it's important to remember that a spa is a small body of water. Continual use means bathers will deposit large amounts of dirt, perspiration, body oils, deodorant, makeup and other contaminants into a relatively small volume of water.
We recommend changing your spa water every 90 days or whenever an extreme over use has occurred. Before draining pour one bottle (16 ozs.) of Hydrogen Peroxide into your tub and run the jets. This will dislodge all build up in your plumbing and jets.
Turn off the power and drain your tub.
After draining, clean the empty spa shell thoroughly with a solution of water and Hydrogen Peroxide. Rinse thoroughly before refilling. This is also an ideal time to clean your spa cover and filter.
When changing your water NEVER USE CLEANING CHEMICALS to clean your spa shell. Only clean with Hydrogen Peroxide.
Rinse thoroughly with water.
Clean Your Spa Cover
Clean your cover once a month. Pollen and algae tend to collect and inspire cloudiness. Here's how:
- If possible, place cover upside down on a flat surface.
- Pour a puddle of Hydrogen Peroxide (about 6"-9" in diameter) onto cover and scrub with a brush. Pay special attention to zippers and seams.
- Rinse cover thoroughly and replace cover on spa.
- Pour a 2"-3" puddle of Hydrogen Peroxide on top of cover and scrub with a brush or cleaning pad.
Clean Your Spa Shell
Clean your spa shell at the waterline regularly when you use your hot tub with a rag or your hand. When changing your water NEVER USE CLEANING CHEMICALS.